Project Interaction Family Involvement is an exemplary project at Barrett Elementary School that brings staff and parents together in a wide-range of activities that support and enhance student learning.
- Create and manage an integrated Family Calendar
- Write a collaborative School Compact to establish a home-school connection
- Organize the Friday Volunteers program to welcome Latino families and offer workshops on resources
- Host a Roving Readers program to invite parents to be guest readers for the day
- Co-teach the PARTICIPA..en mi Educacion course to empower and educate immigrant families on the U.S. school system
- Lead Heritage & Diversity Special Projects
- Support Family Library Nights and K & Pre-K Days
- Support PTA initiatives by coaching Latino officers & committee chairs, providing interpretation during meetings,and helping to link with Latino families
Questions? Please contact Valerie Koch at firstname.lastname@example.org or (703)228-8864.