EXCUSED ABSENCES (ALL OTHERS ARE UNEXCUSED)
• Illness, quarantine of student, doctor or dentist appointment
• Death in the family
• Observance of a religious holiday
• Summons to a court of law
• Violent storms or state emergencies
• Severe family emergencies
• Other special cases approved by the school principal
PLANNING A TRIP?
Please notify the school a week prior to any future family trips.
If you would like to report your child’s absences you can e-mail our attendance clerk at firstname.lastname@example.org. Provide your child’s name, teacher, and reason for his or her absence. You can also call our attendance hotline at: 703-228-6653.
It is very important that parents/guardians notify the school about any unverified absences no later than two days following the return to school.