You can help make a difference in a young teenager’s life. Please consider volunteering for any of the activities listed below:
• Tutor or serve as a classroom volunteer for the young mothers or their children (Mondays - Fridays, 8:00 AM to 3:00 PM).
• Mentor with the Mama program and become a friend to a teenage mother and her child (Training provided).
• Donate baby clothes & toys, baby furniture and maternity clothes at this time.
• Buy our Magical Rainbow Books to improve your Spanish or English and to assist the program’s funding.
• Donate used ink cartridges to help with our Cartridge Recycle Program.
• Register your grocery store discount cards with the Family Education Center School Codes.
-A+ BONUS BUCKS -(Giant Food) sign up with school code # 2955
-CLUB CARD FOR EDUCATION -(Safeway powered by eScrip)- sign up with school code
# 650 2664
- TOGETHER IN EDUCATION -(Harris Teeter) - Sign up with our school code
-LABELS FOR EDUCATION - Campbell's Soup Labels can be mailed to ATTENTION: Gloria - 3205 South 2nd Street, Arlington, VA 22204.
• Join the Better Beginnings Coalition and work with Arlington’s Partners in Prevention initiative that focuses on reducing unintended, non-marital births.
• Provide scholarships for Post-Secondary Education & Training.
• Provide incentives that will be used to keep students motivated and /or to recognize their accomplishments.
As you can see there are many ways you can assist. Adolescent pregnancy can involve complex social, medical, and economic problems. We believe a cooperative approach between public agencies, private organizations and community volunteers is a must! We hope you will become involved and volunteer.
For further ideas or information on how you can assist the Teenage Parenting Programs please call Marilyn Faris Scholl at (703) 228-7214