4. We engage in fundraising to provide resources to teachers for important programs and supplemental initiatives through our grants program that may otherwise go unfunded. Click here to see the list of grants approved in 2010-2011, and see the PTA meeting minutes for information on grants approved and other PTA programs in 2012-2013.
2. Support our "No Sweat Fundraiser" or our Senior Class Supplemental Fundraiser. Much of the PTA dues go to the national & state PTA, but these funds stay at W-L and are used by the PTA to provide programs throughout the year. You can make a real difference for the W-L students by writing a check. Contact Kathi Driggs, PTA President, at WLPTA@hotmail.com.
3. Get connected by e-mail. Signup now to be on our main PTA Newsletter list serve and our PTA class list serves.You'll receive timely information about PTA school events and activities twice a week in the PTA Newsletter. The grade level list serves provide an opportunity to learn more about specific issues related to your student's grade level. Send an email to the corresponding email below. You will need to respond to the Yahoo message that comes back to you within 7 days confirming that you want to join the list serve.
Join the PTA newsletter list serve by sending an e-mail to washingtonleepta-subscribe@
4. Volunteer to help the PTA during the school year with an activity that looks interesting to you. We’ve got something for everyone. Go to the Volunteer Opportunities tab for information on the many different ways you can volunteer your time and talents to make a difference. These forms will be distributed in first-day packets and we are looking into a user-friendly online system as well.
5. Register for e-scrip if you shop at Harris Teeter, Giant, Safeway or Target. Please help us raise much needed dollars to support our PTA initiatives by registering and selecting Washington-Lee as the designee school for the matching donations that Giant, Safeway, Target and Harris Teeter provide. Go to the “Grocery Card Program” on the left tab and register online. Contact Anita Friedman at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance or more information.
Next PTA Meeting is January 13, 2014