Nottingham Elementary School Counseling Program
Beliefs, Vision, and Mission Statement
The professional school counselors serving Nottingham Elementary School believe:
· All students can achieve and meet high standards that will result in post-secondary success
· Social emotional learning is essential to academic and career success
· The comprehensive school counseling program develops student competencies based on American School Counselor Association (ASCA), Virginia, and Arlington Public Schools standards
· Data is analyzed and formulated into school counseling program goals that guide ongoing program improvement and promote student achievement
· Counselors foster strong school, family, and community relationships to create systemic change
· Counselors lead, advocate and collaborate to provide equitable access to resources and opportunities that meet individual student needs
· Counselors promote an inclusive school atmosphere by raising awareness using culturally sensitive language, and implementing a program that is responsive to a diverse community
· Counselors lead, manage, and deliver the comprehensive school counseling program. Parents, staff, and students are involved in the planning and evaluation of the program.
· Counselors abide by the principles of ethical behaviors as outlined in ASCA Ethical Standards for School Counselors.
Every student of Nottingham Elementary is equipped with the skills necessary to successfully pursue post-secondary opportunities. As lifelong learners and responsible citizens, our students achieve their fullest potential and make positive differences in the community.
The Nottingham Counseling Program facilitates the academic, career, and personal/social growth of all learners through collaboration of staff, parents, and students. This partnership promotes a safe, caring, and respectful learning community that educates the whole child for a global world.