| |Why Volunteer with REEP?
REEP volunteers have a desire to help immigrants from all cultures and backgrounds gain the tools that allow them to thrive in a new country. By sharing their everyday knowledge, volunteers make a profound difference in immigrant students' lives in America. At the same time, volunteers gain a rare insight into a different part of their community and the chance to interact with people from a variety of countries and cultures. REEP also allows its volunteers to explore teaching as a profession and to develop skills that can enhance other aspects of their careers. Finally, REEP volunteers know that the few hours they spend preparing for and teaching classes makes a positive difference in their community.
Volunteers are expected to make a minimum commitment of 1.5-3 hours/week for 3 months.
Ways to Volunteer with REEP
- Assist our professional teachers in our intensive program at the Syphax Education Center, Jefferson M.S., and Arlington Mill Community Center in the morning, late afternoon, or evening.
- Literacy Tutor - Work with beginner students 1-on-1 or in small groups on basic reading and writing skills in our intensive program at the Syphax Education Center or Arlington Mill Community Center in the morning or evening.
- ESL Teacher - Teach at one of our three community centers in Arlington in the morning or evening.
- ESL Substitute Teacher - Sub for our volunteer ESL teachers at one of three community centers in Arlington in the morning or evening.
- Office Assistant - Assist with a variety of projects and tasks at the Syphax Education Center during the day.
- Computer Lab Volunteers - Assist our professional lab assistants at the Syphax Education Center, Jefferson M.S., or Arlington Mill Community Center in the morning, late afternoon, and evening.
Take the first step...
Contact our Volunteer Coordinator,Sara Fry: email@example.com
Are you a current volunteer looking for the Volunteer Resources page?