5200 Yorktown Blvd.
Arlington, VA 22207
Fax: 703-228-5409
Thursday, July 24, 2014

About Yorktown

Registration, Withdrawal, and Change of Address Information
A student can be enrolled at Yorktown by a parent or legal guardian (court appointed) who lives within the Yorktown attendance boundaries. Boundaries can be checked at www.apsva.us. To register, the parent needs to make an appointment with the Registrar, Mrs. Barbara Balla, at 703.228.5408 or barbara.balla@apsva.us.  
A parent / legal guardian must present the following to register a student:
  1. Proof of residency (lease or deed of trust)
  2. Birth certificate
  3. Social Security card
  4. Immunization record
  5. Academic record (transcript or most recent report card)
  1. The parent or legal guardian must come into the Counseling Office to complete a withdrawal application. (The student may not take the form home for a signature.)
  2. Students 18 years old or older may complete the form themselves
  3. The Registrar will generate a withdrawal form for the student to take to all of his/her teachers for a withdrawal grade and signature.  
  4. The Registrar is the last person to sign the form. Students will then receive the necessary paperwork to register at their new school. To expedite the process, please contact the Registrar in advance. (Mrs. Barbara Balla, at 703.228.5408 or barbara.balla@apsva.us.)
Address Change
  1. After a move, the parent or legal guardian  needs to send in a copy of their new lease or deed of trust with student name and home phone number indicated at top to the school registrar.  Address changes must have appropriate documentation.  They can not be taken by phone.
  2. New telephone numbers (work, home, and cell) need to be communicated to the Counseling office.  Any changes on the Emergency Information Card need to go to both the Clinic and Counseling.

Last updated August 1, 2011. 
Last Modified on August 1, 2011