Registration materials are available online, and at the Extended Day Central Office located in the APS Syphax Education Center Welcome Center at 2110 Washington Blvd. Arlington VA 22204 (703-228-6069).
- Families new to Extended Day that do not have an existing account, register here.
Registration opens March 1, 2013 for Summer School and the Regular School Year.
A non-refundable annual registration fee must be submitted with each registration ($40 for the first child, $30 for each additional child).The registration must be completed, submitted, and approved, with all applicable fees and tuition, to the Extended Day Central Office.Registrations are processed in the order in which they are received. Processing forms and payments may take several days. Families will be notified when they can begin services once the registration process is completed.
Summer School – Registration begins March 1 - Registration closes May 10 - Tuition is due June 1
Barcroft - Registration begins July 1 – Tuition due August 1
Regular School Year – Registration begins March 1 – Tuition due September 1
• Students must be enrolled in the Arlington Public Schools.
• The student’s parents/guardians, or parent/guardian in a single-family household, must be employed, in school, or incapacitated.
• Students must meet the age of eligibility for the programs at the site they are enrolled.
- 5 years old by September 30 at: Ashlawn, Arlington Science Focus, Arlington Traditional, Glebe, Jamestown, Long Branch, McKinley, Nottingham, Taylor, Tuckahoe
- 4 years old by September 30 at: Abingdon, Barcroft, Barrett, Carlin Springs, Claremont, Drew, Henry, Hoffman-Boston, Key, Oakridge, Randolph
- 3 years old by September 30 at: Campbell
Registration Process for Families New to Extended Day
(if you do not have an existing account): • Complete the online registration or paper copy registration and submit to the Extended Day Central Office.
• Information necessary for completion includes
- Child’s student ID number (available from your school registrar, or shown on the student report card)
- Documentation of self-employment, current school enrollment, and medical incapacitation may be required.
- Names and addresses of two emergency contacts, other than parents/guardians, who can reach the school within 30 minutes of being contacted.
- Supply an email address if you would like to receive electronic information concerning your account.
• A family account will automatically be created once your registration has been received.
- You will be sent an email confirming your username and the web link to access your family account.
- Use the password you created when completing the online registration. If you completed a paper registration, please contact the Extended Day Central Office for your temporary password.
• Your registration will be reviewed, and you will be contacted regarding any missing or additionally required information.
- Updates and missing information should be added directly to your online account information, or submitted in person to the Extended Day Central Office.
- Once you have updated your registration online in your family account, please notify the Extended Day Central Office via phone or email.
• Once the registration process is completed you will be notified of your enrollment status.
- An email will be sent to the email address on file.
- If no email address is on file, information will be mailed to the student’s home address on file.
- If adequate staffing and space is available you will be given a date services may begin.
- If adequate space and/or staffing is not available, your child will be placed on the wait list in the order your registration was received.
• You may access your account online to perform a variety of actions:
o register for additional extended day sessions
o add sibling(s)
o verify account balances
o review and update information in your account
o print receipts
• When communicating with the Extended Day Central Office, please include your child’s name, APS Student ID number, Extended Day account number, and school name.
• Creating a family account does not guarantee student placement in Extended Day.
• Tuition information, based on income levels, is available on the Extended Day website.
• Online payments can be made at My School Bucks. There is a fee for this service.
• Extended Day Online Account access through DayCare Works link: http://apsfamily.cirrusworksonline.com/login.jsp