Long Term Care Insurance (LTC)
Arlington Public Schools offers employees the opportunity to participate in The Commonwealth of Virginia Voluntary Group Long Term Care Insurance Program (underwritten by Genworth Life Insurance Co.)
Why consider Long Term Care Insurance?
- Preserve your savings and other assets.
- Protect your family and friends from the difficulties of care giving.
- Stay in your home as long as possible.
- Maintain a level of independence and control of your life.
What does Long Term Care Insurance cover?
- Care at home and in the community.
- Care in Assisted Living Facilities.
- Care In a Nursing Home.
Who is eligible to apply for Long Term Care Insurance?
Eligible persons include:
- Actively at work salaried full-time or part-time Commonwealth of Virginia employees who work at least 20 hours per week
- Actively at work full-time and part-time employees and faculty (including adjunct) of a Virginia Public Institution of Higher Education who work at least 20 hours per week
- Actively at work full-time, part-time or other employees of any participating Virginia school division, city, county, town or political subdivision who work at least 20 hours per week
- Terminated employees of any employer participating in a retirement plan administered by VRS (regardless of whether or not the employee participates in the VRS administered retirement plan) wh have five or more years of service; are not an active employee or retiree of any local government or school system in the Commonwealth of Virginia
- Retirees of:
- The Commonwealth of Virginia
- Virginia Public Institutions of Higher Education
- Any school division, city, county, town or political subdivision that participates in one of the retirement plans administered by VRS
- Any school division, city, county, town or political subdivision that does not participate in any of the retirement plans administered by VRS but has elected to participate in the Commonwealth of Virginia Voluntary Group Long Term Care Insurance Program
Retirees and other family members may apply up to age 80. Eligible family members include:
- The spouse of an eligible person
- The parents and parents-in-law of an eligible person
- Step parents and step parents-in-law of an eligible person
- The grandparents and grandparents-in-law of an eligible person
- The step grandparents and step grandparents-in-law of an eligible person
- The adult children of an eligible person
Eligible employees, their spouses and eligible family members are able to apply any time for coverage however they will be required to go through full medical underwriting.
New hires, under age 80, qualify for no medical underwriting if apply for coverage within 60 days of their employment date.
For more information, please click here for the Outline of Coverage. To obtain a quote of your monthly costs, please go to www.genworth.com/cov.
Employees and retirees may also call Genworth directly at 1-866-859-6060. Employees who participate in the Genworth plan receive semi-monthly payroll deductions to pay premiums.